Re: 4 winged dino NOVA

--- Denver Fowler <df9465@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> the video here...
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/microraptor/
> .. which i would guess is going to be part of the
> PBS special, shows pretty clearly that the legs are
> very splayed in the model.

I clicked on the "built to fly" section and opened
their interactive player. There, I was greeted by the
following statement:

"Flight and feathered wings are characteristics we
associate with birds, but many dinosaur, including
_Microraptor_, evolved these traits long after the
first known bird, _Archaeopteryx_, split from the
dinosaur family tree."

Geez, I normally don't knock the quality of NOVA
specials (as documentaries go, they are pretty good),
so I'm hoping that this was a typo on the web
designer's end. If not, then expect to hear about the
amazing convergent evolution of _Microraptor_ with

Be a better friend, newshound, and