Re: Sea reptile is biggest on record

Colin McHenry writes:
 > > Can anyone speculate if this find even outclasses the several
 > > undescribed large pliosaur finds from the UK, which the WWD
 > > series ran away pell-mell with on the Liopluridon segment
 > > "fantasy" segment?
 >
 > Sure.  S. sikanniensis is way bigger than the upper range of body sizes
 > that can be speculated for UK pliosaur material ;-).

Even this lower jaw?
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/markwitton/242640895/

I found this pretty freakin' awesome when I saw it.  I didn't measure,
and my memory is hazy; but unless Mark Witton has a _very_ small
sister, that jaw has to be at least 2m long, probably more.

)_v__/\  "If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?" --
         Steven Wright.