Re: Evolution of tyrannosauroid bite power

Unfortunately, your carcass-pumping hypothesis can not be verified.<

It's carcass lifting, not carcass pumping. And, as I said, I agree that the behavior of extinct animals can't be tested directly.

Smith and I at least constrained our interpretation to what can be
verified by others.<

I have no argument with the biomechanical work in Carpenter and Smith (2001). But the conclusion about predatory behavior does not logically follow from that work.

We might as well say that T rex used its arms to
build an advanced civilization and the lack of artifacts is simply
because we haven't yet found them, not that they don't exist. <

You can say that if you wish, but I certainly don't.

PTJN