RE: Evolution of tyrannosauroid bite power

P. Norton wrote:

> If the arms were
> being used for something as critical to survival as prey capture, we
> would not likely see that. If you can't grab your meal, you can't eat.

As pointed out earlier, nobody is arguing that the forelimbs of _Tyrannosaurus_
were the primary prey-catching mechanism.  Rather, the forelimbs played an
ancillary role in subduing large prey, with the jaws and teeth doing most of
the hard yards in grabbing, holding and subduing such prey.  Injuries to the
forelimbs were therefore not fatal to a tyrannosaur's ability to catch and
secure prey.  As long as the jaws were in working order, then tyrannosaurs
probably didn't have too much to worry about in this regard.

Cheers

Tim