New Paleontology / Technology Blog

Dear list:

Just wanted to announce the launch of my new blog, "The Open Source Paleontologist." Briefly (to quote the front page), it includes "ramblings on the role of open source software in paleontology, the latest and sometimes not-so-greatest ways in which we reconstruct the past, and the occasional bits of career advice and paleo news." Recent topics have included reference managers, reviews of books on the academic job search, free statistics software, and preparing presentations. I've been posting about once a week (got a dissertation to write, after all), so please check it out!

http://openpaleo.blogspot.com/

Andy Farke

--------
Andrew A. Farke, Ph.D. Candidate