Re: Modelling large theropod movement

[...] I am not sure why so many people assume the
ventral view as illustrated by Osborn is normal.

Oh.

I guess it's because Osborn -- or those who copied his illustration and then copied those copies! -- didn't illustrate any fractures and drew nice smooth lines so it doesn't look crushed.

Did the ilia touch above the neural spines, or is that just crushing, too?

The femur head touches the sacral vertebrae (as
I discovered in mounting the cast of AMNH 5027 in Philly).

Well, at least that part of my post was correct, then.