From: "Ken.Carpenter@dmns.org" <Ken.Carpenter@dmns.org>
To: mjdefazio@yahoo.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:52:10 AM
Subject: RE: Conspiracy Theory- Earth's Expansion

The expanding earth hypothesis is doing well. They (a group of academic
scientists) have conferences and have even published their results:
Carey, S. W. (ed.) 1983: The Expanding Earth A Symposium. 430 pp. Earth
Resources Foundation, University of Sydney. ISBN 085901209-3. And yes,
they have mechanisms to explain the expanding radius. They have
published in peer reviewed journals, a list of papers has been
 compiled:
http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.geo.geology/2004-12/0739.html

They have a newsletter/journal: http://www.ncgt.org/category.php?id=28
There is a  web site, but I don't think it is affiliated with the
organization: http://www.expanding-earth.org/

Personally, I am not convinced, but am willing to hear them out.

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology & Chief Preparator
Department of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205 USA

Office phone: 303-370-6392
Museum fax: 303-331-6492
For PDFs of some of my publications, as well as information of the
 Cedar
Mountain Project:
(if you have problems with the link, cut and paste it into the browser
address bar)
The scientific method is a myth:
http://www.dharma-haven.org/science/myth-of-scientific-method.htm