Re: Conspiracy Theory- Earth's Expansion

On Jan 10, 2008 10:57 AM, Jean-Michel BENOIT <s.aegyptiacus@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Then, HP Tom Holtz, Jr, wrote:
>
> > Analogous to the "aquatic ape" proponents in paleoanthropology.
>
> I know it MUST be something freaky (and off-topic here, and relevant in
> vrtpaleo list :-), but I've never heard of that before. Any link to this, by
> any chance? (not that I'm really interested by the subject, but rather by
> the fact that somebody, somewhere, at a given time, has emitted such a
> thing, kind of curiosity of how pepole can propose such theories).
> Big cheers to all (even non-DMLers)
> Jean-Michel

This book lays it out: http://tinyurl.com/37oftl

It's an interesting idea -- it could explain our posture,
hairlessness, odd noses, etc. The problem, in my view, is that it
focuses too much on morphological evidence from extant organisms and
doesn't do a good job at all of explaining the paleontological or
genetic evidence. Based on paleontological evidence, our posture arose
quite early within the human total group (or maybe even earlier).
Based on genetic evidence, our relative hairlessness arose quite late,
perhaps being a trait only of our species. But the AAH requires these
to have arisen around the same time, during some amphibious stage
among stem-humans.

--
T. Michael Keesey
Director of Technology