Re: Watery evolution of man?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, T. Michael Keesey wrote:
This is probably getting a bit OT, but....
On Jan 10, 2008 2:56 PM, Andrew Simpson <deathspresso@yahoo.com> wrote:

I've always been interested in the concept that our ancestors spent some major time in the water. The theory being that that is why we have "hairless" skin, webbed fingers and toes,

Again, the problem here is that "hairlessness" seems to have arisen quite recently in our ancestry. This would basically require archaic

Work with lice that afflict humans suggests maybe 70kya

[...]