Re: Modelling large theropod movement

I had the opportunity to operate it back when Hall was using a pair of vice-grips instead of a motor to turn the clockwork. It was stunning, even then.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ottawa Paleontological Society" <paleo@ncf.ca>
To: "DML" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: Modelling large theropod movement

I was quite surprised when I first found out about the AMNH animatronic model. It seemed like a very daring attempt. It is interesting to find out about its history and the degree of an accomplishment that it is.

It makes me think that it should be dissassembled and then an exact duplicate or two be carefully reproduced and sent to other museum (just in case of the odd comet impact...)