RE: SV: Watery evolution of man?

Not sure if this has been proposed before, but it occurred to me a few years
ago that reduction in limb and body hair would be highly advantageous for an
upright biped starting to work with fire. A chimp- or gorilla-style pelage
could catch fire near ground level and result in nasty burns at face height.
As far as I know the times of origin of these two derived conditions haven't
yet been shown to be different. Any thoughts?
OT? Well, feathered dinosaurs haven't made much use of fire either, apart
from weird 'anting' antics.

Dr John D. Scanlon, FCD
Palaeontologist,
Riversleigh Fossil Centre, Outback at Isa
19 Marian Street / PO Box 1094
Mount Isa  QLD  4825
AUSTRALIA
Ph:   07 4749 1555