Re: Shedding archosaurs?

David Marjanovic writes:

 I thought turtles (like mammals) were outside of
the archosaur group.

Barring one anomalous molecular study, this is probably true.

Oh yeah -- there are at least two molecular studies that have found this result. It's morphologically impossible, though.

I think you mean 'improbable' or 'unlikely'. People who dare to use the word 'impossible' when dealing with natural systems have a tendency to have to eat their words at some point...

Dann Pigdon