Re: wing extensor placement on pterosaurs

David Peters wrote:

Still hanging out here in St. Louis waiting to see how anyone can get metacarpals I-III to move _above_ the wing finger extensor when they are clearly ventral to it in primitive pterosaurs, as demonstrated by Wellnhofer 1991. I think you can't get there from here.

Wait a second Dave - unless I've missed your point - all I see there is Wellnhofer drawing the fingers in that position - he doesn't "demonstrate" it. Wellnhofer could be wrong (indeed, I think he was wrong about this).

Also, no thoughts on Wellnhofer's reconstruction of digits I-III torsioned 90 degrees anteriorly on the standard configuration metacarpals?

I vote wrong on that too.

Cheers,
John