RE: Shedding archosaurs?

--- Anthony Docimo <keenir@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Mammals don't do it, turtles don't do it,
>
>  I thought turtles (like mammals) were outside of
> the archosaur group.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Barring one anomalous molecular study, this is
probably true.

_____________________________

> > crocodiles don't do it,
>
>  I considered that, but remained unsure, mostly
> because crocs have also gone back to being
> secondarily exothermic.

That is hardly conclusive. The only real argument for
this based it on the apparent higher activity levels
of prehistoric crocodyliformes, and the erroneous
assumption that you need to be an automatic endotherm
to be highly active.

Jason

Be a better friend, newshound, and