Re: Mice given bat-like forelimbs through gene switch

While genetic engineering demands careful ethical considerations, I can't see any reason that it should be considered _fundamentally_ wrong. The point has already been made that we've been doing it for centuries in any case. We just have a more powerful method now. Surely that demands more ethical care, but saying it just wrong "just because it is" isn't reasonable, and ignores it's potential benefits.

Cheers,
John

Dora Smith wrote:
Genetic manipulation, as in cloning, or producing new organisms by combining the DNA of one organism with that of another, is morally wrong and ecologically extremely unwise. Anyone who doesn't know that probably isn't going to be convinced by me.

One poster has his issues mixed up. The use of stem cells in medicine has nothing to do with genetic manipulation.

Palaeontography: http://palaeo.jconway.co.uk