RE: Mice given bat-like forelimbs through gene switch

--- Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know where you got this from, but it is
> simply not true.  Bacteria are certainly organisms.
> They are single-celled organisms.  So are archaea.
> Many eukaryotes are single-celled too, especially
> those critters historically known as "protists" or
> "protozoans".

Not to be rude, but this is taught in biology 101 (and
anatomy 101). An organism is a collection of organ
systems, which in turn are a collection of tissues
that are in themselves, a collection of cells.

Single celled organism is an oxymoron. Yeah, it is
used a lot, but that doesn't make it correct. HP John
Conway's single celled organellism (or just
organellism) would be a much more accurate name for
them.

Jason

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs