Re: Massive answer to the mess of pterosaur mass (say that threetimes fast)

Mark, I love your pictures.  I Like your captions even more.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Witton" <Mark.Witton@port.ac.uk>
To: <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
Cc: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: Massive answer to the mess of pterosaur mass (say that threetimes fast)

We've made some models of full-size monster azhdarchids, too: they
aren't very accurate but get the sense of scale across nicely. There's a
whole bunch of picutres of them being made at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markwitton/153546729/in/set-72057594082071497/,
battling with getting the thing airborne
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/markwitton/165854970/in/set-72057594082071497/)
and, finally, hanging above the heads of visitors
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/markwitton/165854973/in/set-72057594082071497/).
This really isn't a posture to scrutinise, though: we had half-a-day to
get this and 3 other pterosaur models errected, so we couldn't worry too
much about making sure every joint was perfect. It was more a case of
'that looks all right - on to the next!'