RE: deep water = less ejecta?

I see no reason that deeper water would cushion the blow. The Chicxulub
impactor itself was an estimated 6-10 km diameter, and this if you were to
simply drop it into the deep oceans without burn up it would stick out of
the surface of the water. And the impact site would STILL have been on a
continental shelf.

A deeper impact seems to imply simply a different relative volume of the
type ejecta produced.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216