RE: they keep on growing despite early fusion

Thanks for your thoughts, John.

re: squamates. Anybody can discover what I did, just by plugging in taxa. In
fact, Benton 1985 nested pterosaurs next to lepidosaurs and far from archosaurs
in the only published cladogram that had all three taxa included.

So, I'm not the first. But I don't think Benton realized his coup because he
dropped lepidosaurs from all subsequent studies.

David Peters
St. Louis