To: <DINOSAUR@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:33 AM
Subject: RE: Why was Earth a fiery hell 55 million years ago?

--- Dora Smith <villandra@austin.rr.com> schrieb:

On "Global Warning", on the History Channel, it says
that 55 million years
ago, earth was a "fiery hell".   It was covered with
massive volcanic
activity that triggered a methane release.

Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum. You could bathe at
the North Pole (it would have been fairly chilly, but
still... not colder than the North Sea during a warm
year's summer).