To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: Why was Earth a fiery hell 55 million years ago?

There is a clue here.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article1711887.ece

It says that the volcanoes in question were along the eastern edge of Greenland and gave birth to the Atlantic Ocean. There has to be more to that. That is rather a far cry from Earth covered in volcanoes. Was this enough volcanic activity?

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX
tiggernut24@yahoo.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garth Godsman" <maniraptor@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:48 AM

But a "firey hell"? But I suppose that's the kind of stupid hyperbole you'd expect from tabloid television.

Okay, it was quite hot, but what is the evidence for such widespread volcanic activity at the time. It strikes me that these are two possibly different things.

regards

 Garth