[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Burpee's 10th PaleoFest
I hate to shamelessly plug for Burpee, but this upcoming March 1st and 2nd
(Sat/Sun), we are hosting our 10th Annual PaleoFest. Hard to believe we've
done 10 of these now. Our 1st PaleoFest was in 1999, when gas was $1.20 a
gallon, Bill Clinton was still president, and DVD players were the wave of the
future. As most of you know, PaleoFest is speaker's series for general
audiences and weekend of hands-on stuff for the kids. This year we have an
all-star line-up of speakers, below is a list and brief description of their
1) Philip Currie- Chinese Theropods and Mapusaurus
2) Jack Horner- Dinosaur Ontogenies
3) Eva Koppelhus - Paleoenvironment of Dinosaur Provincial
4) Jim Kirkland- Cretaceous Utah
5) John Foster- Mygatt-Moore Bonebed
6) Jean-Bernard Caron - Burgess Shale Revisited
7) Matt Bonnan - Evolution of the Sauropods
8) Robert Reisz- Permian Tetrapods from Oklahoma
9) Chris Bennett- Evolution of the Pterosaur Wing and Gigantism
10) Josh Mathews- Taphonomy of a Triceratops "Bonebed"
11) Me- Review of 2007 Burpee Expeditions
In addition to all these great talks we will be unveiling our mounted juvenile
Triceratops skull on Saturday (March 1st) evening. There will also be a few
silent auctions and we are going to produce a small abstract volume to
commemorate our 10th.
For more info visit www.burpee.org or call 815-965-3433 to get tickets.
Hope to see you there,
Burpee Museum of Natural History
737 N. Main St.
Rockford, IL 61103
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.15/1249 - Release Date: 1/29/2008