RE: New Geologic Epoch

> Could I add changing the Tithonian into the Portlandian, so there can be
> an actual type locality?

As a footnote (which I mention here out of historical interest, and not much
else) the name 'Tithonian' has a surprisingly flowery origin.  It's derived
from Greek mythology, with Tithonus being a Trojan prince who fell in love with
Eos, the goddess of the dawn.  In a stratigraphical context, the Tithonian
stage adjoins the dawn of the Cretaceous period.

Cheers

Tim
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".