Re: Fossil suggests platypus lived in dinosaur times

Tim Williams writes:

BTW, I had the pleasure of seeing a real life platypus a few weeks ago. Sydney Aquarium has three in captivity, and they were all up and about. Not only are they beautiful creatures to behold, but they're also rather playful. I'd even go so far as to say that their behavior often qualified as 'feisty'.

Try wrestling an angry male platypus (with fully-loaded poison spurs) out of a conservationist's net. Then you'll see how 'feisty' they can be. :)

I'm always amazed how well they navigate underwater with their eyes shut.

Dann Pigdon