Re: Mystery of Mass Extinctions Is No Longer Murky

[sarcasm] but... but....

I thought all major extinctions could be explained cosmologically, such as
periodically passing through areas of high levels of asteroids/meteors, or the
even grander cosmic scale, with our position in the galaxy periodically causing
extinctions - something about being on the wrong side of the plane and exposed
to too much cosmic radiation or something. [/sarcasm]

speaking in terms of diversity, are we not in a mass extinction event now -
human caused?
While some phenomenon may explain multiple extinctions, to pretend there is
one, and only one, cause of mass extinctions seems ridiculous.