Re: SV: Mystery of Mass Extinctions Is No Longer Murky

Hi Tommy

I remembered that one off the top of my head - have a look around the journals. It's a figure that surprised me the first time I read it, but it makes sense.

Adam

Tommy Tyrberg wrote:

Do you have any reference for that? The highest SST:s I've seen cited
for the Cretaceous Thermal Maximum is 35-37 degrees centigrade.

Tommy Tyrberg

Would our little perturbation really be enough to push the Earth's systems past that point? Maybe not, but it could end up with 50 C temperatures in the Caribbean like during the Cretaceous...

Adam