Feathered Dinosaurs: The Origin of Birds

For those who enjoy less technical books (I know you're out there) Feathered Dinosaurs: The Origin of Birds is due out in the US next month from Oxford Press. It's been available here in Australia for a little while now. It's definitely worth a look with 80 large and impressive full-colour restorations by Peter Schouten, text by John Long and foreword by Luis Chiappe. For those of you that know it this book reminds me strongly of The Flying Dinosaurs by Philip Currie and Jan Sovak. Anyhow definitely among the very best of the "more accessible" dinosaur books.

For a gallery of all images from the book: http://www.studioschouten.com.au/dinosaurs.asp (the licencing enquiry statement beneath each picture is worth a glance).

The Oxford Press page: http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/LifeSciences/EvolutionaryBiology/?view=usa&ci=9780195372663

The price at Amazon is currently $26.37.