Re: Turtles and Crocodylians are not Reptiles - no? What are they?

Turtles are the closest to archosaurs now?

That's a hypothesis with a pretty venerable history. It came from doing cladistics with five characters and no fossils. Outside of two or three German universities it's extinct. Except, that is, if we take the molecular version -- almost all molecular analyses put the turtles either as the sister-group of Archosauria or as the sister-group of just the crocodiles alone!!!

Now you are grouping them firmly within Diapsids at a specific position? closer than lepidosaurs (snakes and lizards?) and squamates(tuataras)?

You mean squamates (lizards including snakes) and lepidosaurs (squamates and tuataras).

There are morphological analyses (Rieppel, deBraga, Reisz and others in various combinations) that put the turtles within Lepidosauromorpha, as the sister-group of either Euryapsida or Lepidosauria. Part of my thesis work is to find out if they are wrong.