RE: Turtles and Crocodylians are not Reptiles - no? What are they?

> As for the molecular phylogenies... they do tend to align
> turtles with the archosaurs, as either non-archosaur
> archosauromorphs, or as true-blue archosaurs (sister taxon
> to crocodilians, if I recall correctly).

You need a good sample of turtles there, to avoid the problems posed by the
fact that molecular evolution in some turtles is slooooooooow (which would make
them appear more distantr from their closest living relatives than they
actually are). Of course, introducing different rates of character change in a
clade is gonna cause problems of its own.

Eike

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.
http://de.overview.mail.yahoo.com