AW: molecular clock hypothesis sans verboten material...

> > Even the
> > ornithologists now
> > understand
>
> Heh.

I would very much hope so, but there are still quite a few of us who have not
yet heard the shot that ended the life of Pauling's other great error... Still,
most apply mol-clocks rather loosely these days, though I'd like to see more
follow the approach that researchers like Sergio Pereira use to good effort -
get basic constraints from a rough mol-clock, and smother them with
paleogeographical data til it's narrowed down (they'd probably use
paleontological data as well, but the fossil record of Amazonian cracids is
zero IIRC).

Eike

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.