Re: Chaoyangopteridae

Wow! That was fast!
I don't think weird does this thing justice, it seems when pterosaurs can't get
more bizarre out comes something that completely boggles my mind, I'm sure
there is more to say about it, but I'm also sure someone else out there can
articulate it better than me somewhere between now and when I finish reading
the paper. Any thoughts on how Nemicolopterus fits in taking into account
Shenzhoupterus now?

Unwin, Dr D.M. wrote:
> Its visible!
>
> The following paper on a splendid new pterosaur with a weird skull and
> strange headcrest:
>
> Junchang Lü, David M. Unwin, Li Xu and Xingliao Zhang 2008. A new azhdarchoid
> pterosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of China and its implications for
> pterosaur phylogeny and evolution. Naturwissenschaften.
>
> can be found here:
>
> http://www.springerlink.com/content/lj46h69l5149w001/?p=797295b0e22045f780debf3a7d7e0911&pi=0
>
> and there's more where that came from...

Does it by any chance happen to begin with an L and end with an onchodectid? ;)