Re: pterosaur femora sprawl

Bats hang, sure, but I wouldn't call them bipedal. And we don't have enough information on their ancestry (given the enormous range of competing phylogenetic hypotheses on bat origins) to gauge what the ancestral state was.

It's true there aren't any recognized flightless stem-bats, but what do you mean by "enormous range"? Archonta is dead, including the "flying primate" hypothesis, and the sister-group relationship of Chiroptera and Zooamata (Ferae + Perissodactyla) is supported by molecular data, including LINE insertion sites. Have I missed something?