Re: pterosaur femora sprawl

Do you consider the placement of Chiroptera to be a "done deal" at present?

From what I understand about LINEs, yes. LINEs are capable of inserting
twice in the exact same place, but this is extremely improbable and has been found to be extremely rare (there were a few papers in Systematic Biology about this... some time ago... a year and a half maybe).

Of course, where all the fossils sit on the molecular scaffold is another question, and one that, as I keep lamenting, has never been seriously examined, if only because a sufficiently large morphological phylogenetic analysis would be a PhD thesis all by itself.