Megalania question - DNA

As I don't have access to the latest/greatest on this particular lizard (the
four books I have that reference it at all state its size as either twice or
four times that of a Komodo dragon), I wanted to know what the most recent age
on any bones for this beastie is?

If some remains have been found deep in some Australian cave, non-fossilized,
could viable DNA be extracted?  40,000 to 25,000 yrs back seems to me a
reasonable time for this.

Of course, if DNA has been found intact, could the beakers be prepared . . . .
?

          :-)