Re: pterosaur femora sprawl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Habib" <habib@jhmi.edu>
To: <davidpeters@att.net>
Cc: "John Conway" <john.a.conway@gmail.com>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: pterosaur femora sprawl

....... it would seem, from the above comments, that you are arguing for bipedal gaits in pterosaurs because they could get into a position that balanced them bipedally. I'm not recognizing, however, where the simple ability to balance in that manner translates into the most likely gait.

I can balance on one leg. But, that doesn't imply that I normally walk using a one-legged gait even though I'm capable of it.