Re: pterosaur femora sprawl

----- Original Message -----

Every pterosaur could get their backbone horizontal. That's how they rested.

But most don't have a built-in provision to support the entire weight through the skeletal system without aid of supplemental muscle power (not a resting posture) while the backbone is horizontal.

As you suggest, walking requires an elevation of the shoulder to align the axes and
match the tracks.

I never suggested that. You're putting words in my mouth. :-)

Are you saying that azhdarchids were not soarers?

You're reading too much into it. I think the question was about which were the
beachcoming taxa, the kind that had flat feet and made prints.

It wasn't a response to a question. It was a response to a comment that azhdarchids (among others) weren't suited to soaring.
JimC