Re: pterosaur femora sprawl

----- Original Message -----

Are you saying that azhdarchids were not soarers?

You're reading too much into it. I think the question was about which were the beachcoming taxa, the kind that had flat feet and made prints.

Here's the pertinent part of the original question"

Which taxa do you think were soarers........?

Here's your response:

All pterosaurs except "azhdarchids," ctenochasmatids, dorygnathids (that's one clade) and cycnorhamphids + ornithocheirids (a second clade).

To me, this implies that you explicitly exclude these animals from soaring.
JimC