The sun shines on the DML

Those of you on Vrtpaleo may have seen recent posts about Aetogate which
criticize SVP's behind-closed-doors decision and final statement on the
charges
of plagiarism.  Oddly, some readers have thought that the DML  administration
was being inconsistent.  We do try to keep administrative  matters off list
for the sake of restricting posts to the topic of  dinosaur science.  However,
that does not mean that Mickey and I have  secret negotiations that are then
sealed in amphorae for the ages.

List rules are easily found and should be understood by anyone who takes  the
time to read the information on our website (dinosaurmailinglist.org) or the
greeting at the beginning of every month.

Also see:  http://dml.cmnh.org/1999Jan/msg00018.html
"Go a few  rounds with me before *we* agree that it is appropriate
to  bring your concerns out in front of the whole list."

New subscribers have  occasionally asked us about the rule on "Facilitating
participation by exiles"  and how would they know who is an exile?  They have
only to ask, and we  will provide a list of persons who are not welcome (back)
on the DML.  For  instance:

448
and
http://www.lifesci.ucsb.edu/~mrowe/dinosaur/KinmanIncident.html

Therefore, while we do deliberate and administrate off list, that does not
mean that the opinions, negotiations or outcomes are a secret.  We feel  that
it is important to able to refer to previous problems and resolutions in  order
to apply rulings equally and consistently.  Any DML member may  ask for an
explanation of list policy or list happenings--just not on the  list.

Mary

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.