Re: BLM announces `major' dinosaur find in Utah

birds?
----- Original Message ----- From: "don ohmes" <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: RE: BLM announces `major' dinosaur find in Utah

Heh. "... flying reptiles..."?

Oh oh...

Don

--- On Wed, 6/18/08, Dino Guy Ralph <dinoguy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Dino Guy Ralph <dinoguy@sbcglobal.net>
To: koreke77@yahoo.de, dinosaur@usc.edu
Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 1:12 PM
The Associated Press article states:
Animal burrows and petrified tree trunks 6 feet in diameter
were found
nearby. The site doesn't contain any new species but
offers scientists the
chance to learn more about the ecology of that time, said
Scott Foss, a BLM
paleontologist.

Regarding "animal burrows," Evelyn Sobielski
[koreke77@yahoo.de] writes:
"Aha?"

See
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080617-utah-dinosaurs_2.html

Quote:
The site's sandstone also encases freshwater clams,
petrified trees, and
other preserved matter. "There is potential that there
could be burrows that
contain fossil mammals. We have petrified logs -- a whole
group of things
that I think are going to tell us something very detailed
about this
environment," (Matthew) Bonnan (of Western Illinois
University) said.

So there _may_ be burrows there.

Dino Guy Ralph
Dinosaur and Fossil Education
Member of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology

--
J'utilise la version gratuíte de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.
Ce programme a supprimé5304 d'e-mails spam à ce jour.