Re: origin of bats

Placing this bat, Onychonycteris, into an established
cladogram shifts no taxa. Yes, indeed it is the most
primitive bat in the cladogram. The civets Protictis,
Nandinia and Ptilocercus remain non-volent outgroup taxa.

?!? The civets are not included in the phylogenetic analysis in this paper!

And *Nandinia* isn't even a civet. It's the sister-group of the rest of Feliformia. If necessary, I can provide references tomorrow. (As I will for the claims on LINE insertion... if I don't forget again...)