Re: origin of bats/suspect trees? (combined answer)

<The fossa has prehensile thumbs and carries stuff? I had no idea...>

  My bad. I was confusing my admittedly old information (drawn from memory)
with raccoons or somesuch. I cannot find any easily asscessible data to back
that up. And I was mistaken with the tail, as well (that is drawn from
confusion with the kinkajou ... ooops). It may actually be the kinkajou, *Potos
flavus*, so that's my bad. Little wonder though, with the latter being a better
argument than the fossa, I may have been thinking of it all along.

  Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden