RE: origin of bats/suspect trees?

>>   While David is correct in averring that manatees has rounded, oblate ribs,
>> my
>> argument arose through comparative suites of features. There were comments
>> which
>> were brought up about correlative features, such as elongated
>> forelimbs/elongated hindlimbs, elongated metatarsals and an elongated
>> calcaneal
>> heel. Lower down I mention teeth, and this is even more securely true, and I
>> even mentioned sloths as an example of this, despite their differences.
>
> Jaime, you can name teeth. Dorsal fins. Unguals. All good and worthy, but you
> must put them all together and test them as a whole. When you do, you'll see.
> And I know I'm preaching to the choir.

 I think you mean "and then I'll be preaching to the choir."  future tense is
tricky, I know....but until you publish, its the only one available.

> But do bats have the pedal proportions equivalent to the manual proportions
> of brachiators such as gibbons? I can't recall at present. But then bats are
> passive inverts. Like sloths they let their claws do the work.

 no, bats let their foot muscles and toe muscles do the work.

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving