FWD: RE: origin of bats/suspect trees?

understood. you can always contact me on this question. I'd be glad to send any
and all data to you.
Dinolisters like bitds, but not furballs, except every so often.

>>If you want this message to go on the dino mailing list, that's up to you.
>Since this thread has no dinosaur tie, I thought I'd keep it private.

>I was just trying to take part in a discussion.

> an
upside-down bat can let go & fly away.  what do the early
intermediate stages of your supposed pre-bat do?  (before it had enough
webbing to glide, after its fingers were bound by skin)

I don't know. There is no data.

>>> Jaime, you can name teeth. Dorsal fins. Unguals. All good and worthy, but
>>> you

>> must put them all together and test them as a whole. When you do, you'll see.

>> And I know I'm preaching to the choir.

> That refers to "test them as a whole." Jaime knows that the suite is what
> counts, not individual characters.

>> I think you mean "and then I'll be preaching to the choir." future tense is

>> tricky, I know....but until you publish, its the only one available.

>...&...

>an
upside-down bat can let go & fly away.  what do the early
intermediate stages of your supposed pre-bat do?  (before it had enough
webbing to glide, after its fingers were bound by skin)

I don't know. There is no data.

>...and....

think you mean "and then I'll be preaching to the choir."  future tense
is tricky, I know....but until you publish, its the only one available.

published on this once in the popular press. I won't attempt to publish
in the academic world because I don't have access to and I wouldn't
know how to DNA test, which would be required. I only point to
possibilities demonstrated by morphology.

> no, bats let their foot muscles and toe muscles do the work.

They don't hang passively while they sleep?

The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst