RE: origin of bats/

 firstly, I'd like to apologize: I wasn't aware I was violating netiquete.  I
simply saw Mr Peters offering me the information about his theory offline,
despite the fact that I wasn't the only one who asked about it.

(ie, his "If you're interested>>> in the topic, kindly contact me off line and
I'll share what I have."...I didn't so much contact him offlist, as hit Reply
All, as I always do)

> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:41:52 +0200
> From: david.marjanovic@gmx.at
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: origin of bats/
>
> This appears to be a reply by Anthony Docimo to an offlist e-mail that was
> sent to him by David Peters.

 I wasn't sure why he sent it to me offlist, to be honest.

>>> Why bring up "afraid"? That's totally inappropriate. If you're interested
>>> in the topic, kindly contact me off line and I'll share what I have.
>>
>> are you doing this with everyone?
>
> No, and he shouldn't be expected to do that. The other way around: Everyone
> is expected to wait for the paper before trying to discuss it.

 I kept saying "publish.  we'll wait."

>>>If you were really interested, you'd ask for more information.
>>
>> we've ALL been asking you for more information.
>
> Yes. We will, however, gladly wait for it.

 absolutely.  that's what makes his "if you were really interested, you'd ask
for more information" so frustrating.

Introducing Live Search cashback .  It's search that pays you back!
http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=introsrchcashback