Re: Archie a non-flyer? (was:Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK)

Not across the feather, but behind the feather.

You could test it with a paper sheet. Hold it horizontally with your
fingertips at midline. Push the sheet through the air. The front
middle will curl creating a turbulent airflow that cause the drag -
you will feel the air resistance to the paper motion.

Then hold the paper more proximally to the front - say, half an inch
to the front border. Now the paper will cut the air with less
drag/resistance then before.

(By the way, many people say that the plane wing cross section shape
create lift, but it is not true, it just reduces drag. What create
lift is the angle of attack, if the shape of the wing was responsible
for the lift, then planes could not fly upside down.)

[]s,

Roberto Takata