RE: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK

Patrick Norton wrote:

> Once
> pre-avian cursorial maniraptorans reached the stage of evolving a
> thrust-producing flight stroke, I don't see how you could keep them out of
> the trees, given the advantages trees offer in terms of evading ground
> predators,

Given the size of many of these ground predators, and to borrow a quote from
Jurassic Park (Lost World)...

"Actually, it would put them at very convenient biting height. .."

:-)

The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst