Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK

Given the size of many of these ground predators, and to borrow a quote from Jurassic Park (Lost World)...

"Actually, it would put them at very convenient biting height. .."

Evading ground predators was only one of the possible advantages I mentioned. And even though I really hate to dispute Hollywood science, I'll stick with the idea that an animal that developed the ability to escape predation by moving upwards very likely had a survival advantage (however small) over those who could not. The higher up, of course, the better.

PTJN