Re: The Fossils of China

>Are you able to get someone who can read Chinese to look at the text?
The ICZN doesn't mandate which language names are published in, so if
the Chinese text is more extensive than the English, there's a small
outside chance these may be validly published. Most likely they are
_nomina nuda_, but it's worth making sure.

     The Chinese text is about as long as the English text -- the English is
not summarizing the Chinese; it's a literal translation.  We had Hailu You
glance at a couple of the more ridiculous English bits, and yup, they're
exactly what the Chinese says.  Yeek!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT  84770   USA
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
 and     dinogami@gmail.com
http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/

"There's a saying that goes 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw
stones'... OK. How about...NOBODY should throw stones. That's crappy
behavior! My policy is 'no stone-throwing regardless of housing situation.'
There's an exception, though. If you're TRAPPED in a glass house...and you
have a stone, then throw it! What are you, an idiot? It's really 'ONLY
people in glass houses should throw stones'... provided they're trapped, in
a house... with a stone. It's a little longer, but you know..."
                                 --- Demetri Martin