Re: Archie a non-flyer? (was:Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK)

comments inserted below
JimC
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Habib" <habib@jhmi.edu>
To: <rmtakata@gmail.com>
Cc: "jrc" <jrccea@bellsouth.net>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Archie a non-flyer? (was:Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK)

but Bernoulli works if you want to put the effort into it.

Not to create the most of the lift (perhaps in some special circumstances).

I don't know who said this (other than I can tell that Mike didn't), but whoever it was, I suggest that you might wish to brush up on how Bernoulli actually works and how it should be applied. It describes the full steady-state lift when appropriately applied (it is usually misunderstood and inappropriately applied by the lay population). With the Bernoulli effect, you have to know the appropriate boundary conditions, and they are tough to come by in the real world. Other methods are easier to apply, but no more accurate.
JimC