For the artists: Erwin Christman at work

Thanks to Brian Switek's  "Laelaps" blog I was introduced to a new page at
the American Museum of Natural  History website. It's called "AMNH: Picturing
the  Museum":

http://images.library.amnh.org/index.html

You can  spend a lot of time there. I recommend going to "Exhibition Prep"
for the good  stuff. There's a great photo there of Erwin Christman sculpting
the life-size  titanothere head still on exhibit at the  museum:

http://images.library.amnh.org/photos/ptm/catalog/desc/154818/4

It's really a pity his career was cut off at such an early age, yet he still
left a great legacy of art.
The makeshift platform he's  standing on makes me very nervous. DV

fuel-efficient used cars.